Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Clarisonic Review: Glorified Toothbrush?!

I had collected some monies from Christmas as well as a Sephora Gift Card. So I happily hopped, skipped and jumped to Sephora to pick up the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I got there only to be disappointed because it was still sold out! Because I am 'queen impatient' I decided not to wait and look for something else I wanted to purchase. I stumbled across this little beauty instead....
Part of the proceeds from the Pink Mia go to Breast Cancer Research

I saw the price tag and quickly hopped, skipped, and ran out out of Sephora. The Clarisonic Mia is priced at 189$ Canadian Dollars... really?! It is a face cleansing tool that is meant to deep clean pores and remove makeup 6x more than manual hand cleaning. The brush head actually vibrates when turned on and it claims to reduce pore size and visible wrinkles. It all sounded great but I needed to do some research. After stalking many reviews in the blogsphere and entering an internet coma I decided that I NEEDED this in my life. I mean there had to be some truth behind all the product raves... right?

Well I bit the bullet and bought it. Quite simply it looks like an oversized electric tooth brush. It comes with a sensitive brush head and a Clarisonic face cleanser. Different brush heads are available for purchase at Sephora. The Clarisonic comes in 3 models, the Clarisonic Classic, the Clarisonic Mia and Clarisonic Plus. I purchased the Mia because of the small size and ease for traveling... and OBVS because its cheaper :) 

The Mia in a nutshell:
  • One button/one speed
  • The brush head is the same size as the Clarisonic Classic
  • Sonic action cleans skin without harsh chemicals
  • Allows your skin care products to absorb better, which in turns makes them more effective
  • Reduces fine lines and improve skin tone
I will start using this and make an update post, cross my fingers that I get glowy, smooth and soft skin from my new Mia.  If you're interested in the Clairisonic Plus Yinka over at Vex in the City is reviewing it.
Have you tried any of the Clairsonic products, if so let me know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you.